We started our homesteading journey several years ago and it's been a road filled with lots of trial, error and in the long run, SUCCESS. Along the way, we've pinpointed the fundamentals (plus some fun and totally unnecessary stuff!) we use to run our homestead like the pros. We've taken much of that knowledge and compiled it into the ultimate homesteading gift guide to give you a head start for your friends this year.
For us, another big part of homesteading is the task (read: art) of being prepared for emergencies. We recently posted 30 Days of Emergency Survival: The Basics which contains a list of essential preparedness supplies for beginners including long-term food storage for a family of five, pet needs, water solutions, healthcare necessities and general equipment required to live for a month without electricity and a trip to the grocery store.
And of course, one of our all time favorite Christmas wish lists is our Ultimate Eco-Survivalist Gift Guide. It contains many of our needs, wants and desires when it comes to emergency survival on-the-go. Also be sure to check out our Dehydrator Guide where you'll find a list of safer options for this homesteading staple.
What would you add to this list?
The Ultimate Homesteading Gift Guide[show-logos orderby='none' category='homesteaders-guide' activeurl='new' style='normal' interface='grid3′ tooltip='false' description='true' limit='0′ ]
The Soft Landing Christmas Shopping Guides
- 36 Stocking Stuffers for Babies Without Toxic Chemicals
- 36 Stocking Stuffers for Kids Without Toxic Chemicals
- 36 Stocking Stuffers for Tweens & Teens Without Toxic Chemicals
- 19 Safe Christmas Gifts for Children Under 2 Years
- 19 Safe Christmas Gifts for Preschoolers
- 19 Eco-Minded Christmas Gifts for Kids 8+
- The Do-It-All Mom's Healthified Christmas Gift Guide
- The Ultimate Eco Survivalist Christmas Gift Guide
- How to Find a Non-toxic Artificial Christmas Tree
- Lead and PVC in Christmas Lights Go Together Like Bonnie and Clyde